High Tide Travel - Travel club scam now called A2Z Vacations

Augusta, Georgia 4 comments

These scammers have operated under other names: blue lagoon travel, royal palm travel, my vacation connection, high tide travel, Louisville epic adventures, east coast travel epic adventures, vacation travel club, and now A2Z Vacations.They are trained liars and scam artists who operate out of hotels.

Don't sign a contract with them or any paperwork giving your personal information!

They lure you in with two airline tickets, Marriott hotel stays, rental cars, which turn out to be certificates with blackouts and fees that make them practically worthless. They will have you sign a cancellation policy that says they can keep 15 percent of your "membership" fee, which negates your protection under e federal 3-day cooling off period.

They have crammed the Internet under their name with positive reviews to block this type of negative feedback.They should be in jail!

Review about: Travel Club Membership.

Aiken, South Carolina, United States #746984

What must be done to stop these ripoff artists from scamming decent people?

New Albany, Indiana, United States #746586

It is now operating under the name of Intriguing Destinations and Latitude and Longitude.co.

We got scammed in Louisville KY.

Avoid them!

to dtatn #751638

Yes, just got a postcard in the mail for a free Royal Caribbean International Cruise and a free roundtrip plane tkt.After many questions, I did find out it was a travel club named Intriguing Destinations...ha, at least it wasn't a time share.

I am willing to invest 90 minutes for the seminar. I checked their website which isn't even up and running...

big red flag.Thanks for the warning.

to dtatn Evansville, Indiana, United States #767372

(Intriguing Destinations) are doing this in Evansville Indiana January the 9th at 6 and 8 pm and I think Friday the 10th also.I just signed up to go but changed my mind now.Thanks for the info..catch them in the act at: Fairfeild Inn , 5400 Weston , Evansville Indiana 47712 on 01/09/2014

High Tide Travel - Blue lagoon vacation club

Ocala, Florida 1 comment

the complaints down below and this one is the same they lure people in by tellying them 2 free airline ticket oh yeah free is not the word from all my research you send in 104.95 and people still are not getting the airline tickets.they request all money in cashier check or money order and you can keep calling and no one answers their phone.

we never made it in to the presentation the girl at the front heard us say we just got back from jamica using cheap carribean.com she came over very rude told us to leave and that she was going to call security i told her call the police i think they would be very interested in her scam. a gentleman approached us hand us our gift and told us to leave. best thing he ever did i can smell a scam miles away and i told him i will blog him and his company all over.

i am not stopping here i also called the hilton and left a message for the gm so he knows whats going on in his own hotel.

Review about: Fly America Free Airline Ticket.

Comments

I think these same people are in Raleigh selling some type of travel club.

You have to pay a deposit to go on a cruise that probably doesn't work.

The more you say no the lower the price. This travel cub here in North Carolina seems like a scam. If you get a postcard from these people throw it away.

High Tide Travel - My Vacation Connection Sales Gemmick!

Washington, District Of Columbia 10 comments

My wife and I just attended the same or similar sale gemmick with similar results as the others (Blue Lagoon Travel Club/My Vacation Connection. Three of their sale reps worked us in sets, while my wife and I kept stating "NO." They offered absolutely no web site or information as to who they were but offered a great package enticement, if it was laget., and we did a lot of traveling. For us to break even would take 20+ years. If we had a large family, it might work better for us, and yes, one of their sales persons started discounting their buy in price from about 8999 down to 5699 and then to about 2600. They offered abslutely NO information so we could research them. Imagine that????

Not for me...

Jim Dougherty Pensacola, Fl

Comments

Only way to get your money back is to hit them in the wallet!Write to the BBB, post on websites, picket their meetings, handout flyers with your story, call the state's attorney journal, take them to small claims court, call their "customer no-service" phone number daily, ask for support from local news stations that have "problem solvers segments", journal everything, file police reports if their employees threaten you, take pictures and video of them, record conversations and always take someone with you to be your witness of the things they say and do.

With all you do, always stay to the facts, and simply tell your experiences. Always copy High Tide on everything you do so they will know you are taking legal steps to educate others of your story. They will threaten legal action, threaten you financially, threaten to sue, threaten to call the police and if like me, they will threaten physical violence. But unlike how they will treat you, always stay focused on what you want from them and always stay professional.

These people fear two things, 1) the truth and 2) losing stiffs to sit through their sales presentations. Eventually they will offer to settle with you if you sign a contract that buys your silence and an end to all the actions you have taken to educate others.

Stay persistent...stay professional and stay focused on facts and you WILL get their attention and you WILL your money back!Good luck!

:zzz :zzz

We attended the Vacation Connection - Blue Lagoon - April 25, 2012.When questioned about the company and any complaints they said after we sign up we would be able to get that information.

That doesn't make sense. Also,the price started out at $8995 + $399 + $299 with $1000 off for the 1st signing customer. The 2nd agent we talked to gradually got the price down to $4995 + $399 + $299 and said she would talk to the manager to get it even lower. The manager lowered it another $1000 and asked are we ready for the contract.

I said I wasn't comfortable about not knowing anything about his comnpany.

We were then dismissed and given to another agent for our "free" gift.Reading the fine print there was no guarantee the "free" flights would coincide with the "free" cruise.

So buyer beware and get the answers to ALL your questions BEFORE signing anything.

I attended the same sales pitch in Ponte Vedra Florida onSApril 17th, 2012 and agree this organization is not what it appears to be.You never learn who they are until the presentaion begins thus not affording any opportunity to research complaints, which are extensive on the internet or reliable travel sites.

I would caution anyone from doing business with this organization.

I recently learned they were kicked out of Texas by the AG there..We learned the hard way ($$$)..a word to the wise...:cry

My wife and I fell for this too.The folks to complain to:Florida Dept.

of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Div. of Consumer Services. 800-435-7352. 2005 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32399.

I reported to Fl Atty. Gen.

and was referred to these folks.I am also working with a groupp called Timeshare-Answers, which a consumer advocacy group, 7350 Futures Dr, suite 17, Orlando, FL 32819.

The people involved in My Vacation Connection were thrown out of Tex by AG, and have operated under different names.

My wife and I fell for this too.The folks to complain to:Florida Dept.

I reported to Fl Atty. Gen.

Wake up people we should be intouch with reality everybody is scaming to make money.Who needs someone to plan your Vacation .

Are you Helpless os just plain ***,.

Stay away from any invites presentations free gifts .Nothing comes cheep.

I was scammed by these folks also, I bought, than did everything to get complimentary cruise and air tickets, All I got was discounted tickets that I would have saved only $42 each on and been able to pick my own date etc.What a ripoff!

No one will take my calls about this problem at My Vacation Connection/ Blue Lagoon.I just sick over this!

WE ALL NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND REPORT THIS. I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I THINK WE NEED TO GET INTOUCH WITH 20/20 AND LET THEM CHECK THIS OUT AND PUT A STOP TO IT. EMAIL ME REEVESPLR1958@AOL.COM WHAT YOU THINK.

We attended My Vacation Connection presentation today.It is high pressure to buy their travel club membership at $8995 + $399 document fee + #299 membership fee.After much, much pressure and talking of why we should do this the package was offered for $500 plus the $399 and @99 for a 1 year trial membership.If this is such a good deal why will they not give you anything to research or time to check on them as a company!Sounded and felt like a scam that it most likely is!Noth sorry we said NO!Wondering about the "free" gift of airfare and cruise now???What is in the fine print?

High Tide Travel Inc., Vacation Travel Club

Florence, Mississippi 22 comments

This company is selling travel club memberships with the promise of significant savings over the prices available online. Our presenter used a "price-markup" illustration to suggest that travel agents and online services markup their prices from the travel clubs and travel wholesalers by as much as 100%, leaving the impression that High Tide Travel can save its members as much as 50%...this is NOT a promised claim, but it is conversationally suggested in the hype of the presentation that this is representative. During the presentation I attended, this company used unsubstantiated claims of cruise savings to entice membership. Our presenter did not provide us with any of the specific details about either the comparison prices or the High Tide Travel Inc prices. He did not tell us departure dates, departure locations, length of cruises, or cruise lines...all the facts necessary to make an independent comparison. The baseline costs and the High Tide Travel costs are not copied to participants in writing.

At our sales presentation, the one-time membership price was $7,995 (or your negotiated amount) + $399 processing fee + $199 first-year annual fee. If you cancel within 3 days, they will keep the $399 fee PLUS 15% of the membership fee (15% x $7,995 = $1,199). And they will keep another $499 if you do not return the member notebook.

Unless you ask for an exception, they will not mail your membership number and website login information until well after the 3 day cancellation period, leaving you no option to independently verify their travel cost savings. We did ask for a temporary access and their best prices offered for three cruises were only 9%, 10% and 13% less than the online prices available to everyone. With our typical travel habits (which we told them during the table-talk time), we estimated it would take us 23.5 years just to break even! Elizabeth LuClare, Executive Assistant to the president stared to me that the club may not pay-off quickly for people travel once or twice a year and spend only $5,000-$6,000. She commented that the club pays for itself more quickly for those that vacation 11-12 times per year. When speaking to one of their on-line travel advisors, you will be told that they will email you within 24-48 hours with the best price for your travel; that seems like an unacceptably long time to wait for pricing.

To estimate your payback period in years, simply divide your total purchase price for the membership by the difference (subtract) in your estimated annual savings from using High Tide Travel and the annual membership renewal fee. This isn't something High Tide Travel did nit disclose but it's simple math and it's the truth. You may be VERY surprised at how long you will need to break even.

So in summary, the company is so confident in their service (sarcastic humor!) that they 1) do not let you try-it-before-you-buy-it, 2) use unsubstantiated savings that are hyped to be representative of the savings you will get, 3) do not provide proof of savings in written form to every guest, 4) retain 100% of your money if you cancel after 3 business days, 5) retain 15% of your membership price PLUS $399 I'd you cancel in the first three business days, 6) DO NOT provide your membership number within the 3 business day cancellation period unless you ask for it, and 7) do not tell you the specific amount of your cancellation fee...they leave it to you to have to understand and do the the math of 15% purchase price + $399

While we were told by a salesperson that we would have access to the president of the company if we ever had any problems and that he would personally contact us to get those resolved, he did not. Other people we did visit with and who you WILL NOT find in their published member's materials are 1) Arnulfo Vasquez, member services, 817-247-9240, 972-971-1315, qualitymembers@yahoo.com; 2) Rich Blan, president, 855-433-7444; 3) Elizabeth LuClare, Executive Assistant to the president, 855-433-7444, hightidetravelinc@gmail.com.

Here is an interesting link to a website featuring an "Arnulfo Vasquez". I don't know if these are the same people but I'm guessing so: http://www.ripoffreport.com/cruise-ships/royal-palms-travel/royal-palms-travel-arnulfo-vas-db823.htm.

In summary, your savings with this company will vary tremendously based on the number of times you travel and the annual amount you spend on vacations. The membership price is negotiable so hold firm to what you believe you can afford to lose. Recognize that if you cancel after 3 business days, you lose everything and if you cancel within 3 business days, you lose $399 PLUS 15% of you membership price. I don't know if this business is a scam, but I certainly do know they use very questionable techniques to make quick, final sells of a service that is very expensive. BUYER BEWARE AND CAUTIOUS!

Seattle, Washington, United States #629341

Write to him or go to his home

4206 Buena Vista Street 1B, Dallas, TX 75204

Good Luck

Burnedbad
Aiken, South Carolina, United States #607148

Excellent description of this program!These scammers are now calling themselves A2Z Vacations.

In the past have called themselves Blue Lagoon Travel, Royal palms Travel, Vacation Travel Club, My Vacation Connection, Louisville Epic Adventures.

They have not changed their tricks, $399 processing fee, 15 percent of fee (they got me for $1300 because I was able to cancel within 3 days, so didn't lose my entire $6000.).Can't this type of consumer fraud be stopped?

#481931

I guess Blue Lagoon or whatever there name is travel club has made its way to Louisville.They are doing the same thing you guys say on here.

High pressure, start high at around $8,000 and keep dropping the price until hoping you say yes. Some big woman Beth worked with me and my wife. Then when we wouldn't join, she had some manager type guy try to sell us. Before it was over they had dropped the price to below $3,000.

Now I know this deal isn't legit.Louisville..stay away from this travel club scam!

My vacation Connection-Blue Lagoon same story..$8995 for lifetime membership plus $399.processing fee and $249.95 annual fee.

Salesmen pitch condo hot weeks for $259.00 contract stated average is $699. Same sales pitch....Pensacola Florida Ashton Suites.

Happy we walked away!:grin

We too attended a presentation for membership into this club, but we joined not knowing or reading these comments first.I am writing to let everyone know that "WE" did not get scammed like the people who wrote the comments above.

We joined on good faith and read the agreement before we signed. We tried the program out about 2 months after joining for a group crusie we had been planning with our whole family. We spoke to Camille, a cruise agent for the club who was very helpful and wonderful to work with. Our group had 18 cabins and would have been a chore to set up, but Camille was always happy to help and answer questions and add things and delete things.

I had pricing already from my local Travel Agency here in Florida and the Travel Club saved our group over $12,000! We paid only $6995, so our membership was paid for on our first trip. Of course ours was a big one. We then booked a Condo to Gatlinburg, TN.

My husband always wanted to go there. We priced online and then priced what the club would be for the same place and we again saved $440 over what we could find on the internet. We are retired so I have a lot of time to look eveywhere for the best deals.

All we can say is that our experience has been a good one.I thought we woud write this just so that people can hear the good stuff too.

SORRY SCAMMERS THEY WERE HIGH DRUNK AND RUDE.

Arnulfo Vasquez worked for Adrian Miller so he knows exactly how Miller worked. Maybe they are still in cohoots if he is working for High Tide now.

I attended a presnetation in Jacksonville FL at the Hampton Inn Jax Beach.I knew better to sign up but the airline ticket offer caught my attention.

I have never done a timeshare presentation or anything like it. I've heard stories and everything I've heard was accurate of what went happened here. The new business name is My Vacation Connections. Rich Blaum did the presentation.

He asked me to sit in fromt of the room and initially encouraged my interaction but at about 5 minutes into the presentation he rudely asked me to let other folks participate. After the lack of other participation he called the group letargic, boring and the worst group he had ever had. He then singled out a young woman in the back of the room and began to ridicule her. After the presentation he quickly replaced our assigned Blue Lagoon representative and began talking the talk.

After refuisng the initial $7995 cost he knocked $1K off if I would be the first to buy in the group. After passing on that offer his financial person offered a returned to inventory package due to an elderly couples poor health. The package could be assumed by be at a reduced cost of $2995 plus the documentation fee of $399 and annual membership of $200. After 20 minutes of explaining that I would rather do a little homework on their business she left the table and our original representative "Cheyne" returned explaining that they were preparing the gifts and it would be about 10 - 15 minutes.

I was the offered a one year trial memebership for $995 plus the $399 one time fee. After refusing that, he turned to belittling the fact that I wanted to do a some research first. We escalated to a verbal confrontation which was very close to going physical on my part. We were quickly ushered to the table to receive or brouchure.

At that point I was frustrated to the point of being beligerant and planned on tearing the brochure up and trhowing it in their face but my wife was pushing me out the door. Then I realized there were probably 12 - 15 couples sitting in the lobby waiting on the next presentation.

Bottom line, I knew better and it only cost me 90 minutes of my time.I feel for the folks that get suckered in.

#362052

i attended one their meetings in JAcksonville,Fl tonight, 10/20/11 and tey are very high pressure car-like sales rats.They even mocked an Asian man just because he asked a question that the presenter had already covered.

When we said no the umptenth time, they said "well let us see what we have in our inventory and came up with not one but two deals that amounted to savings of over $5000 off what they originally tried to sell us.Scammers all teh way, buyer beware.

Please share your thoughts and experiences on High Tide Travel at www.shouldibuyatravelclub.com

Be the FIRST to write a review on High Tide Travel. Expose a scam or give praise.

Find Exclusives:

*Insiders Secrets

*What To Possibly Expect At Presentations

*The Truth About Those "Freebies", and much more!

*Possible Red Flags a Club May Be a SCAM

Give Reviews & Get Results!! 8)

I've signed a contract with Hugh Tide that reimbursed the balance of my money. I am now not to post anything untoward about the company. :sigh

A new name My Vacation Connection-Blue Lagoon same story...same pricing...new place...jacksonville, florida...selling vacation packages @ Embassy Suites...Rich Blaum...thank goodness for the internet.

These guys remind me of a traveling group of gypsies and circus freaks! They move from city to city without setting up permanent locations.

They have no permanent addresses, no signage, no logos, no personalized emails, no personalized phone numbers and no personalized business cards. Even their $499 member manual is so unprofessional and has no branding or logos or contact information or names.  They make a point to avoid giving their full names and they maintain a very limited internet profile. And they changes their business name once too many people wise-up to there practices at whichever train track they setup their tent city.

Are they High Tide Travel Inc., Royal Palms, Luxury Escapes, Vacation Travel Club, Beach Combers, Phoenix Vacations, All Inclusive Excursions, Destinations Unlimited, Grand Design Travel, Sun Country Travel...yes, no, who knows but their master-planning Cheats. They do all of this to limit their visibility so they can move from city to city after saturating a community with their misleading practices and to minimize any customer accountability.  Their presentation materials are old, dated, dirty, don't have logos, and are of laughable content and quality. Inbred...mindless...FREAKS!!

Shine the light of logic and truth on these people and their services and their ways and they scatter like roaches, like circus charlatans running to catch the last train out of town!  This group of hooligans operates just on the freed side of jail. Every word, every contract, every commitment, every phone call and email, every presentation and every decision is carefully orchestrated to keep them on this side of the Law. Immoral, indecent, unprofessional, crappy service, unrealistic savings, rude, arrogant, hype...YES, absolutely yes but unfortunately legal.

How these people can live with themselves is beyond me! Absolutely no conscience...no decency...no individual thinking! They are slaves to their deceptions, enslaved to the few at the top of their pyramid organization who tell the underlings what to say and do and think.

Stay away from these people and their ways.Don't legitimize their practices by even attending their presentations on the promise of their "gifts" which are attached with incredibly limiting conditions.

My wife and I went to a presentation on Saturday Aug 27, 2011.It is like Anonymous and I attended the same presentation.

They started at 7995, and went down when we said no. At the end, they snatched our namecard off the table, and said folow me. We were supposed to get a 8 day cruise, plus two airline tickets, no purchase required.

When we got home, the voucher we received was for either/or a cruise and airline tickets.I called the 877 number and told them what I thought of their scam, and they claimed they were unaware of what High Tide is doing.

I went to the presentation and these people were very rude to ke also.They were calling me dot and mocking my accent.

I've never been so badly treated all because I didn't feel comfortable buying from them.They high pressured me and I stood my ground so they disrespected me for it

I have been a member of a travel club for some years now, well over 7 and our family has received savings.It sounds as though the pissed off writer who started this blog, got caught up in the moment and bought then they didn't read the "fine" print and got mad when they had to pay for services that they bought to begin with.

I own a Sports Card Shop, and if you think it is easy using a merchant account, try it one day, the merchant people charge you out the buns, if you believe everything we read on the internet, and the news, we all would be mad all day every day.Judge these folks on how you feel about a program like this, not on what another says, I have saved at least a thousand dollars a yr since we purchased this program

:zzz

I agree that Happy Member is NO member. They are an employee, obviously! I'm calling the Double Tree Hotel in Tulsa and complaining they let High Tide use their hotel for this type of Fly by Night business.

High Tide representatives came to Tulsa.hey are high pressured....

no doubts about that.

Misrepresentations - YES.

And when you don't buy, they are plain RUDE.

Its obvious happy member is not a member at all.They are employed by them and don't know their own practices.

At the beginning of every presentation the offer a one time membership with unreal benefits vs a membership that you can come back any time to buy that offer next to nothing.

Stating that they've been to many presentations gives them away for that reason.They've probably never even seen one of their scam presentations, they just work the PR online.

This sounds like an Adrian Miller company.He is involved with Royal Palms Travel, Beach Combers, Phoenix Vacations, All Inclusive Excursions, Destinations Unlimited, Grand Design Travel, Luxury Vacations Inc, Sun Country Travel, and the one mentioned above.

He uses similar people too. Rich Blaum, Adam McBride, Tyler Waldrum, Garry McDonald, Arnulfo Vasquez, and many more. Most of these are companies he has run have been in Texas but other locations were in AL, CO, OK, CA, and GA. The TX Attorney General filed suit against him and William Bailey last year and the state forced him to pay back a lot of the money he stole.

William Bailey and Scott Ender own the various companies that provide the memberships he sells ie. VTC. Last year he was even raided by the Postal Inspection Service. If you have been scammed by these people contact your attorney general and the FTC.

The Postal Inspection Service is still building a case against them.Just google Adrian Miller scam and you will get pages of search results verifying this information.

It sounds to me like you don't plan on using this with your family and friends.I have traveled alot with VTC and High Tide Travel and average $500 for a 8 day/7 night holiday vacation.

I take family, children, grandchildren, golf friends, etc. and we have a great time with no worries of what our accommodations are going to be. Ive been to many presentations and I felt that High Tide Travel presentations were not high pressure sales and the gifts for attending are limitations set forth by the cruiseline and airline schedules. Most people know this.

It sounds to me like you got in over your head and bought more vacation time that you can actually afford. They take their time to let you review the contract and don't read it to you - that's very fair because then it is my responsibility to take ownership of signing the contract and understanding what I read. Sounds to me like you didn't want to take ownership for your contract. It is always educational for me to read these blogs and then think "if you are a grown, educated adult who can understand your actions, then how can anyone "force" you into making any decisions - particularly when it involves money.

Grow up and own your actions and always read your contracts before signing and handing over money and credit cards. All services and product sales have cancellation terms and conditions - its your fault if you signed up and were not 100% understanding of what it would cost you to cancel. I don't need anyone to do the math for me if I read it and understand it then I should be able to understand the money it will cost me and my family to cancel and then decide if I want to move forward with my purchase.

DUH!DUH!